[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Wave dishcloth class

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:04:13 UTC 2023

Hi fellow Krafters,

I will be presenting the pattern for the wave dishcloth. I love the texture
of this cloth. It feels like off set tiny diamonds to me. The pattern is
very simple, but if you do make a mistake, it really shows up. So, you have
to be careful.

This is a 4 row pattern, so is easily memorized, but I keep track of which
row I have done last so, it looks right.

You can work this cloth in a solid or variegated. I asked my friend what
colors I had used in 2 that I have. She exclaimed at how cool the variegated
came out. It looks like stripes. This week I did one in an ombre, and it was
quite interesting also.

The difference between variegated and ombre is that the variegated is where
colors make an abrupt change from one color to another. An ombre kind of
flows through one color to the next to the next, and so on. I have an ombre
that goes from dark purple to very light lavender. Think of your hot water
faucet starting off at cold and gradually getting warmer on its way to hot.

We will meet on Thursday March 9 at 8:00 EST. You know I have to watch
jeopardy! I will try not to yawn too much. When Terry P hears someone
yawning on a call, she says Bernice must be here.

You will need; size 6 or 7 US needles, cotton yarn, and the all important
scissors and needle.

You need to know how to cast on, knit, slip a stitch, and bind off. If you
need help with the slip stitch, we will help you.

Of course, you can sign up on the Krafters Korner web site by clicking on
classes and then current classes.

Hope to see you on March 9.

Bernice Bird