[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Trivia Tuesday

jellybeanfarm at gmail.com jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 22:59:57 UTC 2023

Hello All:

Sorry to be so late with Trivia Tuesday, but my day got off to a crazy start
and I forgot all about it.  My Mother is visiting and she had an allergic
reaction to her antibiotics and we had to go to urgent care.  She got
treated and is feeling much better.

Today's questions are about wood working.

1.	Basswood is which of the following?

A.	A hard wood used in furniture making.
B.	A soft, fine wood often used in carving.
C.	Wood used in ship building

d. Wood from an endangered rain forest tree.

2.	Characteristics of a wood piece that refer to its texture, figuring
or porosity.

a.	Grain
b.	Fretwork
c.	Feather board
d.	Doweling

3.	Any wood that originates from a number of flowering, fruit- or
nut-bearing trees (for example: ash, oak, mahogany or walnut is called what?

a.	Lumber
b.	Boards
c.	Hard woods
d.	Old growth trees

4.	Which of the following is not a type of saw?

a.	Band
b.	Table
c.	Miter
d.	Mortise

5.	Name 3 different tools than can be used in wood working.