[NFB-Krafters-Korner] okay, now it is okay to cheer.

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 15:36:34 UTC 2023

I think I heard someone mention the log cabin pattern, and so I looked it up
on the internet. It is very easy. I could send you the document I wrote for
the class. The learning comes from picking up stitches at the edge of your
work. Other than picking up stitches and binding off at the end of each
section, it is strait knitting. I'm so tired of it because I find it boring.
It is a great way to use odd balls and skeins of yarn. I have used all
different shades of blue except the center square which is purple. Someone
told me it was blue. Then a different person asked me why I have purple in
the middle. Now I'm doing a different shade of purple going around the
afghan.
I bought the fisherman knit afghan book about 50 years ago when I had a
sighted husband to read me the directions. Then a friend of mine that was a
volunteer braillist brailled the whole book for me.
I found out about a temperature blanket at a craft group I go to.
Bernice