[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:45:01 UTC 2023

I’ve really never made anything except a few scarves here and there that were given away. At Goodwill. I found a bunch of yarn a few years ago when I was just starting out. There was fleece yarn. Color doesn’t matter, but the fleece stuff was pretty easy to knit, and once I got better at making Dish cloths, I started knitting this up as dusters. Just simple knit stitch and these are just as good as those cloths they sell for a lot that will pick up the dust and you don’t need the pledge to do it. Of course it doesn’t leave a nice scent, but  For those of us who are quite allergic to dust just moving. It is enough of a experience. Don’t need any extravagant scent to make my sinuses go nuts. I guess I did stuff as a kid which I don’t recall. When I was a student at Blind Inc, we did things with water. I am very proud of my cutting board.  it is strips of maple and oak, which isn’t a flat board that lays on top of a kitchen table to cut, but has legs so that you can hide trivets underneath it on your kitchen table and you can put your casserole on top to serve out of without it being in the way of everything else on the table. There’s even a groove in it  where you can lay your ladle on. Reminds me that I need to go get some more mineral oil, food grade, of course, for that. The top looks good, but comparison to the underneath know, it’s very dull!

Ericka Nelson