[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:54:08 UTC 2023

How neat!
Bernice

-----Original Message-----
From: NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf
Of Becky Frankeberger via NFB-Krafters-Korner
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 11:48 AM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists' <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Becky Frankeberger <b.butterfly at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

When I was in my many castings, my mother bought me a kit to crochet. As
many times I asked her to sit down and help me figure out the pattern, she
just made excuses. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel the yarn
talk to me, not literally. Maybe I should say I get impressions. Well this
super thick yarn was saying hat. I made a circle and double crocheted for
the fill in of the chain. At that time I was playing with a stitch, and I
forget the name of the stitch. It made kind of a ridge so I could keep
crocheting around and around. It reminded me of a stove top hat with its
flat top, lol. Well mom was old, so she would enjoy this look. I put the hat
on my head and realized I had to add stiches as it was tight. I tore back
and added four double crochets. Now I thought how do I add those four
stiches without her noticing. A compass came into my head. I continued round
and around. The hat hit my ears. The yarn was so thick so to make a round
over the last round for a cuff, was out of the question. I thought how about
a brim. I made it out of double crochet. I handed the hat to her so she
could tuck in my tail, lol. She loved it. She wore it all the time that
bright pink hat.

Beck, how old were you? Probably eleven or twelve.

Becky roving reporter