[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Successful Saturday

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 18:17:37 UTC 2024

Hi all,

This week I  finally finished a baby blanket I have been knitting for months. I will be a grandma for the first time in March, and the blanket is for baby Christian Alan. My daughter Valerie is having her baby shower  today, but I gave her the blanket on Thursday when she and her husband Christian    came for dinner.  They loved the blanket of course!
The yarn I used was Caron jumbo prints and the color was called raspberry. The color is actually several shades of blue. I used size 7 circular needles. The edging was knit, purl,  knit, on all four sides, while the body was knit 2, prul 2, every row. The size is around 36 inches by 32 inches. This is a simple pattern I decided upon. Since the colors varied, I thought a simple but textured pattern would work well.

I did get tired of the blanket toward the end because I was eager to start two projects I intend to teach. The kumihimo square braid keychain will be later this month and the macrame vintage basket will be in April.

Thamks for reading.
May God bless you.
 Cathy F