[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Successful Saturday

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 11:37:16 UTC 2024

For 12 years I worked at a call center answering the phones for 3 EPA
programs. It was an incredible amount of information to learn. I started at
the age of 60, and wondered if I could still learn that volume of
information. Every year there was major legislation to learn the ins and
outs of. I retired in January of 2021. I had ice damming of my roof, and had
to replace the roof, get better insulation and venting and new gutters to
the tune of $20,000. There was another $8,000 expense, and I just couldn't
make any headway being retired. So, I went back to work at the call center
last May, but it isn't that stimulating EPA work. I'm working 32 hours a
week on 2 other contracts. One of the contracts gets extremely busy at the
beginning of each quarter, which means that last week was literally nonstop
calls. It was exhausting at 75. This week should be less busy, but so many
products were out of stock because of the high volume, lots of the people
will be calling back to see if what they want has been restocked.
I am also my daughter's backup unofficial administrative assistant because
she was elected to be the New York State affiliate president.
Hopefully, I will be able to restart my trigger mittens today. I did a
swatch yesterday for the ribbing and bought a couple of size 2 circular
short needles. I'm also going to take Tracy's idea of knitting both mittens
at a time. Knit a section on one and then the same section on the other.
That way they will be the same.
I also plan to put notes in parenthesis for changes to make these the right
size for my grandson.
Bernice