[NFB-Krafters-Korner] 2 questions

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Sat Jan 13 16:10:03 UTC 2024

Hi Bernice.
My favorite stitch holder these days is a piece of thin plastic cord.  It
looks like a long piece of spaghetti.  It's a tube, so you can stick a
needle in one end and slip the stitches on or off, but I had trouble with
that sometimes, so I just slip the stitches onto the holder as if I was
slipping them to a needle.  Then I tie the ends of the cord together in a
knot.  I don't pull the knot real tight, because I'll have to untie it, but
I tie it a few times and it stays.  Sorry I don't know what it's called,
though.

Another kind I have is like a DPN, but it has kind of rubber tracks that run
alongside the needle, and a solid stopper on each end connecting the tracks.
I just slip the stitches onto the DPN needle, attach the tracks, and there
it is.  But the tube kind is much more flexible.

When I was making the thumb and finger, I used 3 DPN's.  It was simpler than
trying to do Magic Loop with such a small thing.
Tracy