[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

Ramona W walhoframona at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 23:22:40 UTC 2024

I have socks made of bamboo thread.  I wash and dry them with the
regular laundry, and they have lasted several years. I should look for
some yarn.  It would make a beautiful soft sweater.

Best, Ramona

On 1/13/2024 2:34 PM, Tracy Carcione via NFB-Krafters-Korner wrote:
> I have a shawl made of bamboo yarn.  It has a beautiful drape.  I  > think bamboo yarn is very nice. Wish we could have Show and Tell,
and > I could admire your sweater. > > If it were mine, I'd handwash,
dry flat, and I'm sure it would be > fine. Tracy > > If > >
-----Original Message----- From: NFB-Krafters-Korner >
<nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sarah via >
NFB-Krafters-Korner Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2024 3:49 PM To: > 'List
for blind crafters and artists' > <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org> Cc:
meow91 at gmail.com Subject: Re: > [NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know
Wednesday > > Ooooh, if your sheets are anything like my yarn, they must
be really > cozy! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get them? >
 > I believe the bamboo in my yarn is mixed with a fiber from oyster >
shells believe it or not! I'm pretty sure the directions on the label >
said to hand wash the yarn, which I could do, I'm just worried about >
messing it up somehow. I know, that's probably silly of me. > > Best,
Sarah > > -----Original Message----- From: NFB-Krafters-Korner >
<nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Becky >
Frankeberger via NFB-Krafters-Korner Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2024 >
3:02 PM To: 'List for blind crafters and artists' >
<nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org> Cc: Becky Frankeberger >
<b.butterfly at comcast.net> Subject: Re: [NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to >
know Wednesday > > Sarah, I just got Bamboo sheets.The washing
instructions should be > similar. Machine wash on cold gentle cycle. In
a warm, not hot, dryer > tumble half way to dry. Lay flat and smooth out
to shape. If you need > a little room here or there kind of pull gently
the yarn. You could > pin it in place, if you choose. Just let it air
dry flat. > > My sheets I could leave in the dryer to dry completely. A
sweater is > different. It also matters what the bamboo is mixed with,
but you are > pretty safe with this method. > > Becky > > -----Original
Message----- From: NFB-Krafters-Korner >
<nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sarah via >
NFB-Krafters-Korner Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2024 10:51 AM To: >
'List for blind crafters and artists' > <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: meow91 at gmail.com Subject: Re: > [NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know
Wednesday > > I think the most challenging craft project I made was the
first (an > so far only) sweater I knitted! I made the mistake of
choosing a > pretty thin yarn (I think it was DK weight), and it took me
forever > to complete! The yarn was a super soft bamboo yarn though
which is > why I chose it. I made a lot of mistakes along the way, but >
fortunately there was a very experienced knitter, Chris, in my >
in-person knitting group at the time... She was very sweet and came > to
my rescue every time I messed up. Thanks to Chris's help, I did > finish
that sweater. Unfortunately, I'm now kind of nervous to wear > it,
because I'm afraid of getting it dirty! > > I'm still horrible at fixing
knitting mistakes independently, and > this is something I am hoping to
get better at. > > As some of you may have read in another message from
me earlier > today, I would like to knit another sweater, but I'm
planning to use > a much thicker yarn this time, so hoping it won't be
as difficult. > > Happy crafting! Sarah > > > > -----Original
Message----- From: NFB-Krafters-Korner >
<nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of SHELLEY SCHUETT >
via NFB-Krafters-Korner Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2024 9:30 AM To: >
'List for blind crafters and artists' > <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: SHELLEY SCHUETT > <shelleyschuett at telus.net> Subject:
[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to > know Wednesday > > What do you think is
the most difficult or challenging craft project > that you have made and
share a description of the finished project. > > . > > > >
get your account info for NFB-Krafters-Korner: >
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/meow91%40gm
 > > ail.com
Group Website: http://www.krafterskorner.org Facebook page: >
https://www.facebook.com/pages/NFB-Krafters-Division/269246643109571 >
Krafters-Korner Blog http://krafterskorner.org/ "Follow NFB Krafters >
Korner on Twitter: Our Handle is @craftingblind Don't have a Twitter >
account? You can still follow Krafters Korner on Twitter. Go to: >
Twitter.com/craftingblind To unsubscribe, change your list options or >
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/carcione%40
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/walhoframona%40gmail.com