[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Keeping my place in a long lace pattern

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Mon Jan 29 19:57:23 UTC 2024

I'm working a 54-stitch lace pattern with no repeats, and I'm having some
trouble keeping my place in it.  Tracking the rows is simple, but along the
row not so much.

I have a braille hard copy of the chart.

I look at a couple bits, for example k5, k2tog, do that, then look at the
next bit.  But it's easy to get lost somewhere in the middle of the row.  Is
this the k2tog where I was?

Each row takes up a few lines in the braille copy, but it's easy to confuse
the lines.  Mark my line with a paperclip, maybe?

Anyone have any ideas as to how to keep my place?

Tracy