[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Jewelry making with cords

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 26 15:13:09 UTC 2024

Thanks Jewel.  This sounds doable.
When you fold the braid and sew it down, do you also tie an overhand knot at the end to tie off the braid?  Or do you sew it in such a way that all the cords are secure and no knot is required?  If you tie a knot, and glue it, how short can you cut the cords after the knot?

I just bought a square kumihimo loom, and I have a pattern for a flat braid with beads.  I'm very excited to try it, but I want to have an idea how I'll finish it before I start.
Tracy