[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Successful Saturday

Jewel Gaspard nxg1719 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 03:44:18 UTC 2024

Hi! Thank you for your and everyone's vote of confidence. It helps me remain inspired and motivated to do my best!
Yes, I missed the advertisement day on the 15th, but I did post on the 1st and plan to post again on June 1st. I'm thinking i may advertise some of my pre-made. However, osting this is not intended to be an advertisement in itself, just sharing what I'mdoing with my knitting and re-charging my confidence, energy, and motivation to do more. Sometimes it's exhausting and I want to go back to just making what I want to make and only when I want to make it. But then I remember the reaction one little girl had to the stuffed animal that her father placed on her bed to find when seh came home form school...she squealed "Kitty kitty kitty" and then murmured just loud enough to be heard "My kitty." That sweet little girl eel asleep with her new stuffed animal tucked tightly in her arms. It's moments  like that that inspire me and motivate me to continue, to share joy and excitement with others, especially the little ones in our lives who find such joy and comfort in stuffed animals. I kept a recording of the little girl's reaction that her father made for me and when I feel I'm not making a difference or I'm too tired to keep. going, I play tthat and it makes. my heart soar so  that I am motivated to bring that kind of joy to another person. EAch of my stuffed animals really does being someone's little zoomaginary friend, a play thing to tke wherever they like. THe little xix-inch ones make great pocket pals, something to sneak in a school backpack to have a comfort item even in the classroom that helps the child but doesn't interrupt the teaching. Some children really need that in hard moments or times. I remember how, afte rmy father's death when I was 16, someone gave me. a beanie baby. bear This one was a very light grey with a silver undercoat. The tag read "Eveyr cloud has a silver lining." It gave me hope that my father's death meant something and spurred me to keep going in dark times. And there was a silver lining. My father's death led me to be an advocate for better mental health. treatment, better treatment of chronic illness and chornic pain (which I have the latter myself), and his memory walks with me every where I go, untarnished over the years, rememberd with the eyes of an adoring teenage daughter. The memory of his love has carried me through some hard times and that ltitle silver lining teddy bear did, too.
Ok, enough rambling about my passion. That message of. passion for spreading love and joy, though, is what I hope to accompish with my business. One thing I have pledged to that effect  is that 10% of all purchases, no matter what size, will be written in a seperate file to pruchase special yarn to be used to make stuffed animalls and other times for children who may not otherwise get such tings, primarily those in poverty, family shelters, and in the foster care system. Why should these children miss out on the joy of a comfort object through no fault of their own? I currently have $11 in that fund and the next commission will bring that to $14, which will pay for two skiens of yarn, which can make two more stuffed animals to donate if I use the luxury faux fur, or  if I get something simpler like a coton blend, I could make several more. But that is something I will decide once the funding is available, which will be quite soon!
Sharing through. giving to those less fortunate than us is a way to spread love and joy. As someone mentioned, a man from one of the charity shoe box drives was given a stuffed animal in his box and still cherishes it. Give a child something that is all theirs, that they know someone hand-made to give them, and they will cherish the treasure that it truly is!
Thank you for letting me go on about my passion. KK is truly a wwonderful place to be a part of and I hope that it stays so wonderful. The members seem to truly care about others and want to share the beauty of their crafts,s o i feel I fit right in!
~Jewel
Be good. IF you can’t be good, be good at it.