[Nfb-kzoo] PLEASE FORWARD info about transit milleage

Tim Paulding tpaulding at dnswm.org
Tue Apr 21 17:52:50 UTC 2009

Please forward this message to anyonje in kalamazoo who might be voing
on may 5th . . . Thanks!

I'm voting YES May 5 for the ballot initiative supporting public
transportation.

And here's why:

1. Our public transportation helps keep people in productive jobs and
preparing
for productive jobs, with two-thirds of riders using the services for
work or school.

2. Our public transportation system is an important factor in the
overall viability of
our local and regional economy, with high-tech employers saying having a
public
transportation system is "very important" for business location and
re-location.

3. This millage request is smaller than the ballot initiative which
failed last fall, and
support of this request is VITAL to the future of our community.

YES, this request has been endorsed by the League of Women Voters,
The Kalamazoo Gazette, the Kalamazoo Regional Chamber of Commerce,
local elected officials, ALL  governmental entities which chose to take
stand on the ballot proposal and numerous nonprofit and human service
agencies.

So please join me in voting YES on public transportation May 5.

Want to learn more?  Visit http://www.PublicTransitNow.com
<http://www.publictransitnow.com/>

Please note new e-mail address & website

Michele McGowen

Advocacy/Community Education

Disability Network Southwest Michigan

517 E. Crosstown Parkway