[Nfb-kzoo] Fw: ESPYS Voting Procedure - Please consider signing this open letter.

Tyler and Leanne Merren tmerren at charter.net
Mon Jul 13 19:46:58 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Teale, Signature Web Design
To: USA-GOALBALL at googlegroups.com ; list at goalballnetwork.com ; news at pressakey.net
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:42 PM
Subject: ESPYS Voting Procedure - Please consider signing this open letter.

Dear all,

What a fantastic year it has been for the sport of goalball, and for Asya Miller in particular.

Asya was part of the gold medal winning team USA in Beijing, and has been responsible for many memorable moments on the court over the last 12 months. And last month Asya was recognized by ESPN, being nominated for the annual ESPY Awards in the category of best female athlete with a disability, and we congratulate her on this fine and deserved achievement.

But…

The online voting procedure for the ESPY Awards is not accessible to users of screen readers. Based entirely in Flash, the site requires a person to have vision to register, or login, and subsequently vote. This has been pointed out to the people concerned, but for several weeks now the site has remained inaccessible.

Today is the last day of voting for the ESPYS, and despite an e-mail sent by the designers to the contrary, the web site at http://www.espys.tv remains entirely inaccessible.

The Audio Sports Network thinks this is unfair, and as such has put together an open letter of complaint against this discrimination. We invite you to read, and digitally sign this letter, which we will pass on to the people concerned.

You can read and sign the letter at the following address…

http://www.sports.pressakey.net/espys.php

(it goes without saying that no information given on this form will be passed to any third party, and the information collected will be completely removed once the letter has been passed along.)

Thanks for your help with this. Please pass this e-mail along to any other person or group you feel might be interested in signing.

Best regards,

Bill Teale.