[Nfb-kzoo] KPL ideas document

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:07:51 UTC 2009

Tim,
Thanks for the kind words...like I said, everyone has their part to play, this just happens to be mine, however all are equally important.  Okay, so that sounds cliche and corny, but I definitely think it's true none the less.

As far as having the information on hand about training hours, how much it would have cost them, how much we can offer, etc., I think that boy scouts rule should apply...always be prepared.  So in light of that, whom ever is planning on attending the next meeting with Kevin and company will need to collaborate and set up a plan and some information.  These sorts of questions should be answered...

1. Which technologies are we qualified to teach?  All, Some?
2. How much time are we willing to donate?
3. Who will teach which products?
4. Should this be an ongoing partnership?
5. What kind of money will this save the library?
6. What are we hoping to get from the library i.e. money, publicity, room for fund raisers?
8. What other things may be be able to help them out with?

Just some thoughts,
Tyler Merren
President of the NFB of Kalamazoo