[Nfb-kzoo] Metro County Connect

adroit at nixsyspaus.org adroit at nixsyspaus.org
Thu Mar 18 18:07:04 UTC 2010

I'm not able to attend tonight's meeting, but what I think should be brought
up about Metro County Connect is the advanced scheduling.  You can schedule
a ride up to seven days in advance, but as for the day before, this can be
tricky.  I've had a couple unexpected trips to MCB, and from where I live on
Drake, getting to the center in the morning can take over an hour by bus.
I've called MCC and have been given service only because someone else had to
be at the Commission around the same time I did.  If this had not been the
case, I wouldn't have been at the center until mid morning, so then I could
have taken the bus.

It's one thing if a person has a medical appointment and knows the date for
this, so she can shecule a ride with MCC a week in advance, but life is full
of surprises.  Paratransit in Kalamazoo doesn't like this reality.

Caitlin,