[Nfb-kzoo] NFB of Michigan State Convention

Tyler and Leanne Merren tmerren at charter.net
Sun Oct 24 02:45:30 UTC 2010

Hi,
I realize we are very late in putting this together, but we have recently had several people express interest in attending the State Convention next weekend.  The student division has a couple of rooms available, so they will try and help if possible with accomidations.  We were also told that there may be some banquet tickets available for those who are attending for the first time.  That isn't for sure, but we will do our best to do what we can to help people out.  As far as transportation goes, we have an offer from Central City Taxi to shuttle us there and back in a bus for between $300 and $350 per trip.  The bus can hold up to 14 people, so if we can fill the bus, it will work out cheaper than taking the train each way.  Plus, if we take the train, you have to figure in transportation between the station and the hotel, so keep that in mind as well.  I'm not sure how far that is or how much it would cost.  Maybe somebody else has an idea on that?

As far as I know, the break down of the cost is as follows:
Registration: $20 per person (I think it's $15 if you register before midnight today?)
Hotel rooms: $85 per night
Saturday evening banquet: $40 per person (again cheaper if bought today?)

Someone correct me if I am wrong on any of those figures.

Please forward this to anyone else who might want to go from this side of the state.  The bus will be first come first served.  We checked with the Doubletree hotel, and they still have several rooms available.

You can register for convention, and reserve your room at http://www.nfbmi.org

Please also get back to us with your plans, and what you would like assistance with.  We can't make any promises, but we'll do what we can.
We're looking forward to a great time next weekend!
Leanne