[Nfb-kzoo] Fw: Michigan Vision Expo Request

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Tue Jun 7 20:29:33 UTC 2011

Below is a request for the Kalamazoo board. Please let me know if you have any questions.

A T Guys is looking to partner with local organizations to present the first annual Michigan Vision Expo, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 1 from 10 AM-4 PM in downtown Kalamazoo. The event seeks to offerr blind and visually impaired individuals, their families, and friends information on resources available to them as well as the opportunity to try out many of the latest assistive technologies. While events like this have been held regularly on the east side of the state, there are few opportunities for residents in or near Kalamazoo.

In order to secure space for the event, we are looking to partner with a nonprofit organization to secure more favorable room rates and help promote the event.

We are requesting that the Kalamazoo chapter of the NFB of Michigan pay $100 for room rental fees for the event. This money will be reimbursed by A T Guys, who is offering to manage the event. So there will be no cost to the chapter. Vendors will be asked to pay an exhibit fee which will cover these and other anticipated costs. In exchange, we will offer the Kalamazoo chapter a free table at the event as well as sponsor recognition. This would also be a great tie-in with Meet the Blind Month.

If you have any questions or wish to offer your expertise or assistance in planning this event, please call J.J. at (269) 216-4798 or email jj at atguys.com.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Best Regards,
J.J. Meddaugh