[Nfb-kzoo] minutes

Emily Curl emily.curl at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 01:08:58 UTC 2011

Sorry this is so late. School has me super busy. See you all tomorrow!
Minutes April 2011

Tyler opens the meeting. Those present are: Tyler, Leanne,
JJ, Nikki, Megan, Ian, Mike, Emily, Gabe, Angie, Matt, and Tim. The minutes
were approved.  Tyler gave his president
report. Tyler finally got a new cane! Nikki updated us on the Walmart
fundraiser. She will be contacting as the Walmart as soon as the representative
returns from vacation. Matt revealed the balance of our account to be $203.08.
JJ discussed the state board meetings. The meeting was held in May in Ann
Arbor. The summer meeting will be in Kalamazoo at the Clarion/Four Pointe
Sheraton. The state convention will also be held at this location. JJ suggested
we hold a fundraiser. The group agreed that karaoke night would be a great idea
for our group. Tyler discussed the Jernigan scholarship. Tyler also spoke about
Sports camp. The group discussed ideas for a fundraiser. Tim gave the group an
update on the Hardings swipe card. He needs to sign up online and would need
the EIN number for the group. Hardings can send us up to 250 pre-activated
cards. An idea was also brought up regarding restaurants donating some of their
proceeds to our chapter. Nikki addressed the idea of selling Krispy Kreme
donuts. Megan, Leanne, Matt, and Tim met again with the Kelloggs representative
to discuss the braille packaging on their products. The group also brought up
the idea of having nutritional and product information available for scan on a
barcode. Tyler closed the meeting.