[NFB-Kzoo] Reminder: WMU Students' Testimonials

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Sat Aug 29 17:36:46 UTC 2020

Good Afternoon Chapter Members

I hope this message finds you all well. During our chapter meeting via Zoom, one of our members, Taylor Arndt, informed us of the changes that have occurred in staffing at western, which has adversely affected her position as a student worker and the ability of the university's blind students to receive assistance in assuring accessibility in the classroom. We agreed, as a chapter, on an action item to collect testimonials of student issues with accessibility at the university in order to collaborate with instructors in the blindness and low vision department on creating a pathway to reinstatement of that position. Thus far, two students have submitted their testimonials to me. The deadline for submission of these testimonials is tomorrow. If you are a student at WMU and have experienced accessibility barriers due to these changes or foresee you will have accessibility needs this coming academic year, please provide a testimonial for me to present to the instructors. If you are in need of direction in creating this document or some proofreading assistance, I am also available.

Best
Robert E. Parsons, Jr.
President| Kalamazoo Chapter
Vice President| Michigan Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Board member| National Association of Blind Students
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: 804.801.7674