[NFB-Kzoo] Help kick off our initiative with Tactile Images

Amyrillis Payne amyrillis1001 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:20:40 UTC 2021

*minutes for 01/12/2021*

*Call to order 8 pm*

*Members and visitors present *

*Victor M, Robert P, Abdoulaye Rashid D, Amyrillis Monet P, Jason M, Rachel
P, Shamece Anderson, Ellis S, Taylor A*

*First meeting of the year *

·         *First topic-Past minutes *

*Everyone could access and approves of all minutes *

*Motion to pass approved by victor and Rachel seconds *

*Motion granted *

·         *Second topic-Treasurer repord *

*Victor updates us that $482 current balance *

*        $420 previously and we then paid $25 to kashonia for a door prize,
$25 to Darrel then we had 370 and victor got access to past paypal account
$50 in dues, 11 paid members. Kashonia refunded her $25 door prize back to
us. After all adjustments we have $482*

*Update:*

*Jason Meddaugh New 2021 Treasurer for the Kalamazoo Michigan chapter for
the National Federation of the Blind *

*Jason Meddaugh now is granted permission to access the accounts that hold
all funds that are stated above. Victor Marques will be transferring these
accounts to Jason with permission from all of the members within this
group. *

*Pt. 2 of treasure *

*Members who paid dues for 2021 are*

*Taylor A*

*Jason M*

*Elllis s*

*Amyrillis Monet P*

*Abby Koroma*

*Osman K*

*Victor M*

*Rachel P*

*Kashona D*

*Lisa I*

*Abdoulaye Rashid Deme*

*End of report Monet Motions approve and move to next topic *

*Rachel seconds *

*Motion passes *

·         *Third topic-Old Business*

*N/A *

·         *Fourth topic-New business*

*Washington seminar is coming up. Rachel, Taylor and Rashid, and Victor
will be present at this conference. *

*NFB issues that will be discussed are posted on national website where you
can read up on the issues that will be discussed. *

*Aim High is no longer on the list of discussion but it will be considered
in spirit and thought. *

*Jason says that this seminar *

*It is to lobby for issues of importance to blind and low vision
individuals. Michigan is splitting into four regions and we will have a
week to meet with the three reps in our area to discuss issues within our
community of blindness and low vision. *

*More details will be sent out as the event gets closer. *

*Student division participation in Washington Seminar *

*8pm on February 8th event will hold concurrent social activities going
on-Trivia/Family feud, and ect…*

*Annual auction taking place opens mon jan 18th to February 10th. *

*Some items include, apple SE watch, Chromebook, airpod pro’s, NFB MI is
donating iPad, 40in tv and apple streaming service, home repair tool kit,
baskets from around the country and many more items will be available to
bid on. *

*32 auctions website. Links will be available next Monday to list serve. *

*www.nfb.org* <http://www.nfb.org>* for fact sheet info on topics that will
be discussed *

*President, vice president, treasurer, and secretary all up for position
availability *

*Robert steps down as president*

*Position of president up for election individuals nominated/up for
election, *

*Victor Marquez is up and accepts *

*Rachel Pavone is up for election and declines*

*Rachel motions that we seize nominations and says we should nominate
Victor, Monet seconds, Victor is now the new president. *

*Victor says thank to all his adoring fans and he appreciates our trust in
him to lead our chapter and promises to do his best to bring the fun and
change within our chapter. *

*Rachel nominates herself and accepts *

*Rashid nominates Amyrillis and accepts *

*Vice president up for election individuals nominated/up for election, *

*Rachel nominates herself and accepts *

*Rashid nominates Amyrillis and accepts *

*Voice vote is taken 3 for Rachel *

*Voice vote taken and 3 for Rachel*

*Robert motions that we recast a revote on the names anonymously and he
will say who wins after *

*Tie broken *

*Monet is nominated as Vice President *

*Jason moves that nominations seize*

*Rashid seconds *

*All approve and Monet is now new vice president.*

*Treasurer up for election individuals nominated/up for election, *

*Monet Nominated Jason M, *

*Jason accepts the vote. *

*Rachel nominates Taylor A, and she declines. *

*Rachel Motion we move forward and pass that Jason becomes Treasurer *

*Monet seconds this motion and all accept this motion that Jason M becomes
the new treasurer.*

*Secretary up for election individuals nominated/up for election, *

*Rachel nominates self for secretary *

*Jason motions we move forward and elect her as secretary *

*Rachel Pavone is elected officially as secretary *

*Victor thanks all the new nominees and those who participated in this
years vote *

*Elections closed-8:42 pm *

*Robert Thanks everyone for helping create a great chapter and he is
excited to see where victor takes this chapter. *

*Shamese Anderson discusses her nonprofit called friends with disabilities
for those 18+*

*There are many outings and free events available for those who joining and
participate *

*Unfortunately, COVID-19 has made it difficult for events but this
organization has been providing resources to those who need as much as they
can. They are looking for more connections and members to provide help and
funding and friends! *

*You can find this group on Facebook. *

*friendswithdisabilities.org <http://friendswithdisabilities.org> *

*2698301334*