[NFB-Kzoo] NFBMI Summer of Tech Auction Underway

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Thu Jul 8 14:37:46 UTC 2021

Howdy Kalamazoo Friends!

I hope you are all pumped for the extensive sessions, presentations and opportunities that convention is currently and continuously providing you. While I know that some of you are excited to score some great deals at the exhibit hall and with our sponsors, I think it's important to run down some numbers for you on our affiliate's quite successful fundraiser.
Our "Summer of Tech" auction is underway and closes on July 10. Remember, this is a virtual auction and the fundraising committee worked hard in a short amount of time to obtain donations from various vendors to help our affiliate achieve its fundraising objectives. With teamwork and determination, we were able to provide the public, and all of you, with 15 different hi-tech and low-tech options for bid in our virtual auction.
We set a fundraising goal of $2500 for this initiative, which we felt was ambitious given the short amount of time we have to turn it around. At the moment, we have a bid pledged amount of $1818, constituting over 75% of our fundraising goal being met. Our committee and the affiliate board are so excited about the progress so far. But we need your help to spread the word and also partake in some of the bidding if there is an item you want.
This online contest , held on the 32 Auctions platform, is an accessible, straight-forward way of being able to showcase to the entire nation the generous donations that our affiliate received over the past few months. We have something for everyone's tastes, both low-tech and hi-tech, with comparable prices that make you feel that you are seriously at a convention. We also have some items that are not technology based, just in case you're not into that kind of thing.  Some of our donated items include

  *   SMART Televisions
  *   Apple iPad
  *   Apple Air Pods
  *   Bluetooth Headsets
  *   Bluetooth-Capable Air Fryers
  *   Assistive Tech Training Sessions
  *   Women's Spa Baskets

So please, join us in bidding by clicking the link and registering for the 32 Auctions platform. The rules are simple in that each of the items has a starting bid price and will indicate, as the bids come in, where the item's price currently stands. Remember, keep checking on your item during the next week to assure that you will have a chance to win and can outbid your oponents. When bidding closes at 9pm on July 10, you will receive an alert if you won the item and then will be prompted for payment and shipping. If you have any questions about this bidding process, feel free to reach out to me at Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>. Happy bidding and may the odds ever be in your favor.

Auction Link: https://nfbmi.org/auction

With Love, Hope and Determination

Robert E. Parsons, Jr.
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan

Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: 804.801.767