[Nfb-lions] visit with President Al Brandel

Ramona Walhof rwnfbi at qwest.net
Mon Jan 5 18:36:59 UTC 2009

This weekend was the midwinter convention of the Idaho district 39E in
Pocatello.  The reason it was this weekend is because our past International
Director Floyd Miller asked a personal favor of Al Brandel, and he came.  .
Anyway, I was able to meet him, give him the Braille info personally, pass
out a lot of Braille cards and Braille flyers from the mint, and introduce
the NFB of Idaho President to the District Governor and Vice District
Gobernor in that district.  She lives in that District, so it should be a
good contact for her.
I suggest that all of you get yourselves invited to talk about  Braille,
Louis Braille, and the Braille coin to as many Lions Clubs as possible.  I
made a short announcement to the whole convention, and at least a dozen
people came to me afterward to get the material to take back to their clubs.
I will start getting myself scheduled for programs in 39W, which is my
district, right away.

Let us all know what you are able to do with your districts.
There is a new newsletter out on Braille.org today.  It lists several
ambassadors for the Braille coin.  I know that many NFB chapters are doing
demos at bookstores to celebrate Louis Braille's birthday this month, so it
should be an exciting year for Braille.  Let's all be a part of it!

Happy New Year!

Ramona