[Nfb-lions] Lions, Lionesses, and Leo

tammy cantrell t.l.cantrell at comcast.net
Mon May 18 22:55:38 UTC 2009

Peter,
Hello!  I'm glad you're asking questions about Lions.  You're right about
Lions starting out as only a men's organization.  Lions International
realized that if it wanted to remain a growing, working organization, they
would have to allow women into the organization.  I have been a member in my
local club for about 5 years.  The club is 65 years old.  Right now, if
everything goes acording to schedule, I will be the 1st female club
president.  Guess what, I am also blind.  This should prove to be
interesting.

I can't make any comments about the Leos.  We don't have any in this area.

If you have more questions, tossem out here.

Have a good day!