[Nfb-lions] Another New Lions Club President

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Thu Jun 14 21:02:40 UTC 2012

Hello fellow Lions,

                I was going to wait to tell you at the meeting, but after
last night's get-together, I am still on a high. At our special meeting of
the San Antonio Region 20 Lions Club on May 29, I was elected president by
acclamation. Mind you, when the slate of officers for 2012-2013 was
submitted, the office of president was vacant. No one wanted it. At the
time, I could not run because my dues were delinquent until around April 15.
Then I was free to run for president. The bylaws stated that a special
election had to be called, and a notice given two weeks prior to the special
meeting. At any rate, I was elected, and installed at our annual end-of-year
dinner last night, so if any of you are club presidents or were past
presidents , please give me all the pointers you can. We will be having both
a board and a business meeting right after I get back from national
convention, so I am painstakingly working on setting up meeting rooms before
I leave. I will talk more at the Lions Group meeting on June 30.

Mary Donahue, new president, San Antonio Region 20 Lions Club