[Nfb-lions] New member

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Wed Jun 5 14:19:22 UTC 2013

Good morning Cheryl and others,

    And those same people think nothing of it to go around bragging about
how inspiring and amazing you are yet they're quick to make excuses for not
being willing to provide transportation to you so you could attend their
meetings. It's proof positive of the emptiness and hypocrisy of such
statements. We've been dealing with a similar situation concerning a few
individuals here in town. Whenever we'd see them they would go on about how
inspiring we are but one of them couldn't take five minutes to help us
create a Skype Account so we could get past the captcha. They've been put on
notice that their behavior is unacceptable, that we regard such comments and
their subsequent unwillingness to take a few minutes to help us with small
tasks to preserve the team element of our venture are insulting and
demeaning to the blind, and that comments about us being "Amazing and
inspiring" will no longer be tolerated! Recognission is a good thing
provided it's given to blind persons on the same terms as it is given to the
sighted. Glad you found a club that is more welcoming and whose members are
willing to help you out. All the best.

Peter Donahue