[Nfb-lions] Possible Suggestion About Increasing Lion Magazine on NFB Newsline

Milton Ota mota1252 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:30:17 UTC 2015

I'm not sure if all of you are aware about the future of publications put
out by Lions International--by 2018 plans are to discontinue the Lions
Magazine in a print format that is mailed to each and every individual
member. The magazine will be only available in a digital format via the web.
It is to bring Lions International into the total digital age so we don't
know what it is going to be like in terms of accessibility for Lions who are
blind or visually impaired.

I have a reliable source about this digitalization as a member from my club
is on his second year as an International director.

Currently if you have an iPad (any model) there is an app in the app store
that will allow you to read the magazine on your iPad. The app is optimized
only for the iPad so those using an iPhone won't be able to download and
install this app.

At one time there was a volunteer group out of San Jose, California that was
recording the Lions magazine on cassette. Then, Learning Ally began
producing it on CDs and now the magazine is not only available from Learning
Ally on CD but the mp3 files are made available to Lions International for
posting on their website.

It is only recently that NFB-Newsline picked up the magazine and that is a
great thing. There are a few staff in the national office that are Lions
members as well so this could have been something they talked with Lions
International about.

If you have further questions, post them here.