[NFB-Lions] Intro

Milton mota1252 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:09:11 UTC 2020

Hello,

I would like to welcome you to the group. This list is not a very active list and is managed very well. The group was formed back in 2007 under the leadership of Ramona Walhof of Idaho and myself. We used to meet regularly during the national convention and the last time we met was during the 2016 convention in Florida. Ramona is no longer a Lion and I have right now trying to get the group together.

We have started a monthly Zoom conference call setup by a Lion from Hawaii who has access to a Zoom license so that we are not limited to a 40-minute call. Meetings are scheduled for the 4th Saturday of the month beginning at 5:00 PM Eastern Time. An invitation will be sent out through the NFB-Lions listserv about a week before the scheduled meeting date. This month the meeting date is Saturday, October 24. A reminder will be sent to the list about 1 to 2 days before the meeting. Please plan to join the group at that time to meet other members of the National Federation of the Blind who are Lions.

I must say, I may not be there for that meeting as our district will be holding its district convention on October 23 and 24 and I’m a member of the District Governors Cabinet and need to attend most of the meetings. If I can break away from the meeting I’ll definitely join the group.

In the meantime I hope you will  make plans to join the Zoom meeting.

If you would like to reach me, my number is (701) 731-0511 and because I get so many spam calls that if there is a number I don’t recognize I don’t answer my phone. You will have to leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible.

Welcome aboard.

Lion Milton Ota