[NFB-Lions] Perspective, please, on White Cane Days.

ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 03:50:04 UTC 2021

NFB vs Lions

What a fight!
Smile!

Tammy

-----Original Message-----
From: NFB-Lions <nfb-lions-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Judy Jones via NFB-Lions
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 9:29 PM
To: 'NFB and Lions' <nfb-lions at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Judy Jones <sonshines59 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NFB-Lions] Perspective, please, on White Cane Days.

Hi, Milton,

When I was working for the Idaho Commission, I had the state-funded Sight Restoration case load, and many times, I used to work with the Idaho Lions Sight And Hearing Foundation, which is set up to provide a single-eye surgery, such as cataract removal, or cornea transplant.  I'm guessing your region may also have one.

Money raised goes to the foundation that, in turn, pays the medical vendor.  They were a real blessing to many of my clients, especially when my state budget was lower near the end of the state fiscal year.

Apparently, this "white canes days" thing is something started long ago by LCI.

I had a long talk with our club secretary, who has also suggested getting time to speak at the next Northwest Lions Foundation meeting, located in Burlington in our area.

Meanwhile, we'll see what MD-19 does with this resolution.  It needs to go to the top of the chain.

Our club secretary is recommending glasses stickers instead of the white canes.

She says they keep it low key by saying that funds help to go for glasses and sight restoration surgeries.

It does sound as bad as the Fighting Blindness thing.

Who wants to write to officeofthepresident at nfb.org?

Judy

Judy