[NFB-Lions] Meeting of 7/24/2021

Milton mota1252 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 01:18:36 UTC 2021

Hello NFB Lions:

We had a great meeting with Cinthia and Peter from the Lions Club
International Office in Illinois. They are both responsible for the
ELearning modules that can be taken when you log in to your My Lion account.
They have been working with the developers of the application that delivers
the content on the web to be accessible. Both of our guest have been
attending some of the Accessibility Boutiques and especially plan to attend
the upcoming webinar on how to make documents accessible.

At present they have a number of the courses that they have documents that
are screen reader friendly and if you intend to take any of the courses, the
place to submit that you have completed that course at present is not
accessible, you can e-mail them indicating which course you took and they
will credit you on an honor system.

Plans are in a few weeks to provide me with list of the courses that have
been made accessible. I will share them with you all once I receive them.

Both Peter and Cinthia are eager and willing to listen and work with us.

I should also explain that the Lions University courses at present are run
by a different section of Lions Club International and they are in talks to
see how they can make this program accessible.

A recording of our meeting can be requested from me by sending me a e-mail
message to: mota1252 at gmail.com <mailto:mota1252 at gmail.com>  and I will
provide you with a link to download the Zoom recording.

Our next meeting will be on Saturday, August 28, at 5:00 PM ET.

Lion Milton Ota