[NFB-Lions] as of November 30.

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 06:49:43 UTC 2021

Hi, Andy and Colette,

I want to let you guys know, since you have been such wonderful Lions mentors, that I have decided to back out of all commitments, so I can continue to recover from long haul Covid.  Long haulers don't actually have Covid, have recovered, but get returning symptoms at random.  For me, these are mainly the fatigue, sometimes nausea and headache, but those are mild.  The Covid fatigue is crazy-weird and comes and goes, too.

The way long haul was explained to me is to imagine your body energy being like a phone battery.  Imagine waking up one morning, taking your phone off the charger and realizing it is only at 25%.  In that case, you want to save that energy for the essentials until you can get it back on the charger again.  So I'm taking time to "recalibrate the battery."  ―

I learned that not only does physical activity reduce your charge, but also cognitive activities, i.e. computer work.

In between symptoms, I have days where I am fine.  They don't know why only about 10% of Covid recoveries go into long haul, but rest is the number one help, plus pacing activities.

Anyway, I have backed out of all my commitments, in order to use my energy reserves for maintaining the house and meals, and don't doubt that I will be back at my former energy levels in future.

Carol and Rose Torset are taking over my secretarial duties as of December 1.  The exception to the above is that I am staying on the Skagit Transit Community Advisory Committee.  My term as Chair has ended and elections are taking place via e-mail this week.

DG Ken Ball was at our last Lions meeting, and talked about the redistricting.  I was very surprised that we are to become District O and incorporate the clubs in Seattle.  At least I think I have my facts straight.  I realize that this isn't a right-away thing, but what a large territory for a district!

I hope you all had a fun Thanksgiving with family as we did.  The girls and kids came up.  One of the hubbies couldn't join us because of work, and they only stayed a few hours, but so fun and spent some good quality time.

Will stay in touch, and please feel free to do the same.

As Always,
Judy

"Embrace each day with His mercies and blessings!"

Hi, Milton and list,

I want to let you guys know, since you have been such wonderful Lions mentors, that I have decided to back out of all commitments, so I can continue to recover from long haul Covid.  Long haulers don't actually have Covid, have recovered, but get returning symptoms at random.  For me, these are mainly just the fatigue, sometimes nausea and headache, but those are mild.  The Covid fatigue is crazy-weird and comes and goes, too.

The way long haul was explained to me is to imagine your body energy being like a phone battery.  Imagine waking up one morning, taking your phone off the charger and realizing it is only at 25%.  In that case, you want to save that energy for the essentials until you can get it back on the charger again.  So I'm taking time to "recalibrate the battery."  ―

I learned that not only does physical activity reduce your charge, but also cognitive activities, i.e. computer work.

In between symptoms, I have days where I am fine.  They don't know why only about 10% of Covid recoveries go into long haul, but rest is the number one help, plus pacing activities.

Anyway, I have backed out of all my commitments, in order to use my energy reserves for maintaining the house and meals, and don't doubt that I will be back at my former energy levels in future.

It has been a pleasure getting to know everyone, and each of you have given us wonderful support.

Wishing you all a blessed holiday season.
Please feel free to stay in touch.

As Always,
Judy Jones
sonshines59 at gmail.com

"Embrace each day with His mercies and blessings!"

Judy
sent from the BS6 Android braille tablet