[NFB-Lions] Notes from September meeting.

Kathryn Bottner kat.bottner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:56:07 UTC 2021

Great minutes Judy!
Thanks,
Kat

-----Original Message-----
From: NFB-Lions [mailto:nfb-lions-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Judy
Jones via NFB-Lions
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 3:50 PM
To: 'NFB and Lions' <nfb-lions at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Judy Jones <sonshines59 at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFB-Lions] Notes from September meeting.

Hello, Fellow Lions,

I know I've missed several months of notes for our group.

I am proud to say I am a Covid overcomer, and am beaten the Covid long-haul
syndrome as well, at long last, giving God the credit.

Anyway, here are draft notes from the last meeting in September, and will
try to do better in getting them out sooner in future.

Again, if you all would prefer an attachment, rather than pasting into the
e-mail, please let me know.

Meeting draft notes

NFB In Lions

September 25, 2021

The meeting of September 25 was called to order by Lion Milton Ota.

Lions present:  Lisa Rodriguez, Jennifer Gass, Kyle Laconsay, Milton Ota,
Tammy Frye, Judy Jones, and Chris Jones.

Milton announced the NFB presidential release would air at noon for October
4th, instead of the regular 8PM Eastern time.

Milton then asked if anyone had tried the e-learning courses.  Jennifer
stated she has, but still needs to turn in her completions via e-mail, as
the Submit button is still not working with screen reader access.  She
reports no more courses have been added at this time.

Milton reports that he is helping two states with their conventions.

Judy reported on the upcoming log drive the Sedro-Woolley Lions Club is
hosting in the early summer.

Members then recounted stories of past club events.  Jennifer and Lisa also
reported on the current success of the Bags To Benches project.

All of us also reported on current Blind Awareness Month activities, ranging
from cane walks to presentations and proclamations.

As there is high interest in the Bags To Benches project, Jennifer
encourages everyone to visit NexTrex.com.  Other recycling projects and
their benefits were discussed.

Jennifer also mentioned a vision screening event their club is involved in,
and they are giving out Covid Kits, with wipes, masks, etc.

The next meeting of October 23 will be an open meeting, as Milton will not
be present, but will leave the Zoom room open for us to meet and greet.  The
November meeting will be the fourth Saturday, November 27.

Respectfully Submitted,

Judy Jones

Sedro-Woolley Lions Club

Judy

"Embrace each day with His mercies and blessings!"