[Nfb-new-hampshire] Lakes Region News

Ed Meskys edmeskys at localnet.com
Thu Apr 23 16:37:33 UTC 2009

As of the May meeting, the Lakes Region chapter of the nfb of NH is changing
its meeting location to the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Laconia.

Our next meeting is Saturday, 16 May, gather at 10:30, start at 11:00 am,
and end with pot-luck lunch. First time visitors, guests, and speakers are
not expected to bring anything.

We normally meet on the 3rd Saturday morning, but will skip June because of
Motorcycle Week, have our annual picnic in Ellacoya State Park in July, have
our break in August, and resume in September. In September ONLY we will meet
the 4th Saturday because the church has a prior commitment on the 3rd
Saturday.

In May we plan to have as speaker John Barrett of the NH Talking Book
Library, who expects to have to have the new digital talking book machine to
demonstrate. He expects it to arrive around May 1. Should it fail to arrive
we hope he can still come and give us news of the talking book program.

In September we will have a speaker from the Red Cross to talk with about
what a visually impaired or blind person can do if alone in an emergency.

I hope to get a proper newsletter out before the May meeting.

Ed Meskys