[Nfb-new-hampshire] Fwd: FW: Invitation to NCIL, NDRN, and AUCD Meeting on Proposed WIA Legislation

Andrew Harmon andrewjharmon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:06:01 UTC 2011

Dear all
I just received this from Jeff Dickinson, the advocacy coordinator at
Granite State Independent Living (for those out of state or whom have
never heard of them, they're an agency for the blind that assists in
different areas, including job assistance, housing, transportation
reimbursement, etc.); he informed me of this conference call/seminar
that will take place in a couple of days, to which you can call in to
talk about a recent issue regarding legislation about the minimum
wage, and how it impacts different folks including those with
disabilities.

I hope to be on the call for at least an hour during the lunch break I
get here at the Colorado Center for the Blind in Littleton, CO, but I
urge those who can to participate as much as possible as this could
affect you eventually if you are currently receiving services through
Vocational Rehabilitation or plan to in the future.  It will also
affect the services any future people with disabilities might receive
through Vocational Rehabilitation.

I hope this finds you all well and wish you good luck in whatever
endeavors you find yourself engaged in.

Best wishes

Andrew