[Nfb-new-hampshire] you are invited...

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 15 23:14:03 UTC 2011

You are invited to the next meeting of the Lakes Region Chapter of the NFB
of NH. Also please note the calendar of other upcoming events. Ed Meskys

LAKES REGION NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND of NH NEWSLETTER for September
2011

    We invite all persons interested in matters concerning blindness and low
vision to our meetings. We normally meet at 10:30 AM on the 3rd Saturday of
the month at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church on Parade Road (Rt. 106), a
little north of Elm St., Laconia. Our next meeting will be the third
Saturday of September.

We had our annual picnic at Ellacoya State Park in July, and did not meet in
August. We had a perfect day for the picnic, and Virginia Dearborn came up
with excellent games for us. We were joined by the new talking book
librarian, Marilyn Stevenson.

This month we will talk about our summer activities, news from the National
organization, and plan future events. This includes a possible one-time
change of date to accommodate a possible speaker, and our Christmas
celebration. As usual we will end with our pot-luck lunch. As always, guests
and first-time attendees are not to bring any food or drink.

==

Do you know another blind or low vision person? Invite them to join us. We
are the blind working to help the blind by sharing information, techniques,
resources, and socialization. Help bring others to share with us. With their
permission give us their regular or e-mail addresses so we can send
announcements. We produce this newsletter in large print and by email. The
cassette version is temporarily suspended as my high speed tape duplicator
is out of order. Please request your preferred format.
edmeskys at roadrunner.com, 253-6207.

If you need help with transportation please call Ed Meskys several days
before the meeting and we will see what we can do to help.

CALENDAR

NOTE: I try to list all blind related events I become aware of. Please send
news of other events to add to the list .

Sat Sept 17, Lakes Region Chapter meeting, 11 AM, Good Shepherd Lutheran
Church, Parade Road, Laconia

Tues, Oct 4, 1 PM, Sight Services for Visually Impaired meeting, Laconia
Senior Center

Fri, Oct 7, 9 AM-noon, blind technology users' meeting, NH Association for
the Blind, Concord. Phone 3 days in advance 800-464-3075 for transportation
help.

Sat, Oct 15, 11 AM, NFB LR chapter meeting, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

Sat Oct 15, 1 PM, Dog Guide Users' meeting, Red Blazer Restaurant, Concord,
Dutch-treat lunch

Sat Nov 19, 11 AM, NFB LR chapter meeting, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

Tues, Dec 2, 1 PM, SSIL meeting, Laconia Senior Center

Fri Dec 5, Blind Technology Users' meeting, NHAB, Concord