[Nfb-new-hampshire] NFB state convention

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 29 00:18:48 UTC 2012

Here is the agenda for this year's NFB NH state convention Friday and Saturday, March 30 and 31. Ed Meskys
==

nal Federation of the Blind Of New Hampshire

State Convention:  March 30th - 31st, 2012

Courtyard Marriot Hotel, Nashua, New Hampshire

Welcome:

We would like to welcome you all to the 56th Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of New Hampshire.  We are proud to be hosting our event at the Courtyard Marriot Hotel.  While attending our Convention, there are many activities which we hope will interest you.

National Federation of the Blind of NH, Board of Directors:

President

 Cassandra E. McNabb

1st Vice President

 Stephen Yerardi

2nd Vice President

Andrew Harmon

Secretary

Ed Meskys

Treasurer

Dr. Ron Ferguson

Board Members,

 Deb Moore

David Brownell

Chelsea Duranleau

Carolyn Corrigan

Wayne Harvey

National Federation of the Blind Of New Hampshire

State Convention:  March 30th - 31st, 2012

Courtyard Marriot Hotel, Nashua, New Hampshire

Agenda

Friday, March 30, 2012

Registration: 12pm - 4pm

        Registration will be open Friday afternoon.  The cost of registration is $10 per person.  Banquet Tickets are available at the Registration Table. The cost of Banquet Tickets is $35.00 per person.

Exhibit Hall: 12pm - 4pm

        The Exhibit Hall will be open for those who wish to see what is new and available for those who are blind or who have low vision.  Come and see what they have to offer.

New Hampshire Parents of Blind Children, Annual Meeting:  5pm - 6pm:

        If you are the parent of a blind child or if you are interested in seeing what you can do to help other parents in the state of New Hampshire, please join us for this meeting and learn what is new in our parent's division.

National Federation of the Blind of New Hampshire Board of Directors Meeting *(Open Meeting):  7pm - 8:30pm:

        Join us for the Board of Directors meeting and see what the goals are for the NFB of NH in the coming year.  This is an open meeting and all are welcome to attend.

National Federation of the Blind Of New Hampshire

State Convention:  March 30th - 31st, 2012

Courtyard Marriot Hotel, Nashua, New Hampshire

New Hampshire Association of Blind Students Annual Meeting:  9pm - 10:30pm:

        Students of all ages are invited to the student's meeting.  Put on your swimwear and join us at the pool, for a time of fun and fellowship.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Registration:  7:30am - 8:15am

        This is your last chance to purchase Banquet Tickets and to register as a member of convention.  Please fell free to visit the table if you have any questions regarding the convention.

Morning Session: 8:30am - 12pm:

Welcome

Cassandra McNabb, President

Pledge of Allegiance

Ed Meskys, Secretary

NFB Pledge

Ron Gardner, National Representative, NFB of Utah

Invocation

Dr. Ron Fergason, Treasurer

Elections

Deb Moore, Chairperson of the Nominating Committee, Board Member

National Federation of the Blind Of New Hampshire

State Convention:  March 30th - 31st, 2012

Courtyard Marriot Hotel, Nashua, New Hampshire

"A New Generation of the Federation"

Abby Duffy

"Washington Seminar 2012"

Carolyn Corrigan, Board Member

**********Morning Break***********

New Hampshire Association for the Blind

Guy Woodland, Director

"Making Communication Accessible"

Marylou Serrecchia, Northeast Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services

NH Student's Division Report

Stephanie O'Donnell

"Reaching Out to Our Community"

Alyssa Munsell

"A Year of Progress"

Cassandra McNabb, President

**********Lunch*********

Afternoon Session: 1:30pm - 5pm

"Currier Museum of Art"

Leah Fox, Director of Public Programs

National Federation of the Blind Of New Hampshire

State Convention:  March 30th - 31st, 2012

Courtyard Marriot Hotel, Nashua, New Hampshire

"An Extraordinary Story"

Sharon Paris-Treadway, National Association of Blind Merchants

NFB of Tennessee

Vocational Rehabilitation & Legislative News

Bill Finn, Administrator of Blind & Visually Impaired Services

 & Joan Holleran, Administrator of Service Delivery and Customer Service

"National Report"

Ron Gardner, National Representative, NFB of Utah

**********Afternoon Break*********

Talking Book Library

Marilyn Stevens

NH Parents of Blind Children

Penny Duffy, NHPOBC President

"My First National Convention"

Ann Nelson

"Life at the Colorado Center"

Andrew Harmon, 2nd Vice President

Further Business

Adjourn

National Federation of the Blind Of New Hampshire

State Convention:  March 30th - 31st, 2012

Courtyard Marriot Hotel, Nashua, New Hampshire

2012 Awards Banquet

6:00pm - 9:00pm

Cocktail Hour

5:45pm - 6:30pm