[Nfb-new-hampshire] agenda for NFB NH convention

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 28 11:33:24 UTC 2013

Here is the agenda for the annual convention of the NFB of NH.
All are welcome. You do not have to be a member.

Registration is $15 (which includes Saturday lunch). Banquet is $35. Ed Meskys

==

National Federation of the Blind of New Hampshire

State Convention
April 5th - 7th, 2013

Concord, New Hampshire

Welcome:

The members of the National Federation of the Blind of New Hampshire, would like to thank you for attending our Convention.  It is our hope that you will learn something new about the Blind of New Hampshire and that you will find a home among our membership.  We reach out to those who are new to our organization and say hello again to those who have been members before.

Our Pledge:

We pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind, to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind, to promote the policies and programs of the Federation and to abide by it's constitution.

The Presidential Suite
The Presidential Suite will be open during the convention. If you would like to make an appointment to meet with President McNabb or any member of the Board of Directors, please visit the suite or speak with the Registration table to make an appointment.

Lunch - Saturday, April 6th, 2013

Lunch will be provided in the Presidential Suite. Please come up to the suite and receive your lunch.  If you require special accommodations for food please let the Registration table know when you register.

Our Board of Directors:

President:

 Cassandra E. McNabb

1st Vice-President:

Andrew Harman

2nd Vice President:

Carolyn Corrigan

Secretary:

Ed Meskys

Treasurer:

 Ron Fergason

Board Members:

Deb Moore

Chelsea Duranleau

David Brownell

Wayne Harvey

Stephen Yerardi

Divisions:

NH  Parents of Blind Children:

   President - Penny Duffy

NH Association of Blind Students:
 President - Stephanie O'Donnell

National Federation of the Blind of New Hampshire

State Convention
Agenda
Friday, April 5th, 2013

8:30am

 Registration Opens

          Please be sure and visit the registration table to register for the convention.

9:00am - 12:00pm

          New Hampshire Parents of Blind Children, Annual Meeting.

12:00pm - 1:30pm

          Lunch

1:30pm - 4:00pm

Parents & Students Seminar

1:30pm - Welcome

1:45pm - Mark Riccobono

2:15pm - "Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone", Chelsea Duranleau

2:45pm - "Demystifying the IEP" Scott Vitner, Counselor of the Concord office of  NH Vocational Rehabilitation.

3:15pm - "Ask the Panel"

4pm - Adjourn

4:00pm - 6:00pm

          Exhibit Hall

          Come see what is new and exciting in the areas of technology, science and performing art in our exhibit hall.

2013 Exhibitors:

New Hampshire Association for the Blind

State-wide Independent Living Council

Granite State Independent Living

Northeast Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Services

Governor's Commission on Disabilities

Ann Nelson on the Ms. Fanny Crosby Production

Alternative Instructional Materials (AIM) Center

National Federation of the Blind of New Hampshire

State Convention

7:00 - 9:00pm:

 The Monadnock Chapter of the NFB of NH will be hosting the Hospitality Suite.  Admission is $5.00 and will go to the chapter to promote their community outreach.

Agenda
Saturday, April 6th, 2013

7:30am

          Registration

8:00am

          Call to Order

          Welcoming Remarks

                   Pledge of Allegiance

                             David Mason, US Veteran

                   NFB Pledge

                             Cassandra McNabb, President, NFB of NH

                   Invocation

8:15am

          Congressional/Senate Speaker

8:30am

          National Report - Mark Riccobono, Director of the NFB Jernigan Center

9:15am

          Congressional/Senate Speaker

9:30am

          Bill Finn, Administrator of Blind and Visually Impaired Services
for NH Vocational Rehabilitation,  Department of Education

10:00am

          Elections

10:30am

          Mary Lou Serrecchia, NH Deaf & Hard of Hearing Network

National Federation of the Blind of New Hampshire

State Convention

Agenda

Saturday, April 6th, 2013

10:45am

          Legislative Update, President, Cassandra McNabb

11:15am

          State Independent Living Council, Stephen Yerardi

11:45am

          Resolutions

12:00pm - 1:30pm

          Lunch

1:30pm

          Presidential Report

2:15pm

          Lea Fox, Currier Museum

2:45pm

          "Stepping Out, Moving Forward", Chelsea Duranleau

3:15pm

          Marilyn Stevenson, Talking Book Library

3:30pm

          George Theriault, President/CEO of NHAB

4:00pm

          Meeting Out Scholarship Class

4:15pm

          "What the NFB means to me", Abby Duffy

4:30pm

          Kathy LaBarre, Financial Planning Employment Coordinator, Granite State Independent Living

4:45pm

          Any further Business

5:00pm

          Adjourn

National Federation of the Blind of New Hampshire

State Convention

Agenda

Saturday, April 6th, 2013

Banquet

6:30pm

          Invocation

6:30pm - 7:15pm

          Dinner

7:15pm

          Banquet Address, Mark Riccobono

8:00pm

          Awards Ceremony & Scholarship Presentation

8:45pm

          Closing Statements, President, Cassandra McNabb

9:00pm

          Adjourn

Sunday, April 7th, 2013

7:30am - 8:30am

          Devotion, Rev. Ann P. Nelson

8:45am - 10:00

Closed        Board Breakfast - NFB of NH Board and Invited Guests only

10:00am - 12:00pm

          Board Meeting - Open to all who wish to attend.