[Nfb-new-hampshire] tentative minutes NFBNH board meeting

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Sat May 3 15:45:13 UTC 2014

These are the tentative minutes of our last board meeting, and are not official until voted on at the next meeting, subject to correction.
==

State convention Board Meeting Minutes

April 13, 2014

Present:

Cassandra Mcnabb McKinney - President
Andrew Harmon, FVP

Carolyn Corrigan - 2nd Vice President
Ed Meskys (secretary),

treasurer Irene Sutkus

Board Members
Tony Bonanno
David Brownell

Penny Duffy

Deborah Moore

Chapter & Division Coordinators present:

Stacey Liszewski parents division coordinator

Sandy Meskys, Lakes Region (appointed by Tony Bonanno during meeting)

Absent:

Jamie McKinney, Monadnock chapter

Gil Vickery (coordinator, North Country Chapter)

Board member-Steve Yerardi, had to work

No coordinator for student division as division in hiatus

Guests:

Paul Gelinas

Hunter  Liszewski

Joe Ruffalo (president of NJ; national rep)

Kyle Shachmut (president of Mass affiliate)

Meeting called to order 10:05 AM.

Gefore start of open officiaol meeting members with significant others had an informal breakfast to socialize and bond, and president McKinney spoke about the need for elected members to participate in board activities.

Cassie suggested we have a "Affiliate Mom", and asked for volunteers.
Penny volunteered - the exact role will be worked out later, but it is
basically to check in with folks if they are having personal issues,
especially if those keep them from being able to be active. It will be
an annual appointment.

Next year Easter will be April 5, so our convention will be April 10-12. If we agree on a joint convention with Maine, the con will be in Portsmouth so it will be relatively convenient for both states. If we go it alone or have a joint meeting with Maine and Vermont, it will be in Concord.

Andrew Harmon suggested that we have a short list of hotels if not an actual
choice by the first week in May, and a selection by the end of the
month so we can have the maximum time available for advertisement.
There was general agreement from the board, but no motion was given.

This year 42 people registered for the convention.

The same people will serve on the scholarship committee as this year. We need to work earlier and harder to get scholarship applications.

We also talked about National convention, and Andrew Harmon was appointed
alternate with Carolyn as alternate to the alternate in case he
couldn't make it to national.

NHAB will have a fund raising "dining in the dark" in Meredith on Nov. 10.

Our next in-person boardmeeting will be on July 19 combined with the Lakes Region chapter annual picnic and games. People gather in Ellacoya State Park at 11 AM to eat at noon. The meeting will take place after the games, like last year. We will probably have a conference call meeting in May.

Ed Meskys