[NFB-NM] NFB, Sensotec NV Announce Launch of KNFB Reader for Microsoft Windows 10

Tonia Trapp tltrapp.7.467 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 03:48:03 UTC 2017

From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Danielsen, Chris via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 10:53 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind, Sensotec NV
Announce Launch of KNFB Reader for Microsoft Windows 10

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org

National Federation of the Blind, Sensotec NV Announce Launch of
KNFB Reader for Microsoft Windows 10

March 1, 2017 (San Diego): The National Federation of the Blind and Sensotec
NV, creators and developers of the KNFB Reader smart phone app, today
jointly announced the launch of KNFB Reader for Microsoft Windows 10. This
groundbreaking new product, which brings the world's best document-reading
software for the blind and print-disabled to the Windows family of personal
computers and tablets, was announced as part of the 32nd annual CSUN
Assistive Technology Conference hosted by California State University at
Northridge.

Like its smartphone counterparts, KNFB Reader for Windows 10 allows the
blind and others with print disabilities to access the content of printed
documents, including bills, brochures, books, magazines, handouts, and more.
Users can simply photograph the document and KNFB Reader will almost
instantaneously convert the image to text that can be read aloud in
synthesized speech or output to a connected refreshable Braille display
using a compatible screen reader. KNFB Reader for Windows 10 incorporates
KNFB Reader's signature audio and vibration guidance to help the user align
the camera and take the perfect image of a document so that processing is
fast and accurate. It's also the perfect desktop PC or laptop application
for recognizing image-based PDF files.

Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said:
"The National Federation of the Blind is pleased to bring our one-of-a-kind
reading technology to the Windows platform so that more blind people can
acquire the information they need to live the lives they want. The blind and
others with print disabilities who benefit from this product will now have
instant access to printed documents, at their desks or on the go, on the
device of their choice. We continue to break down the barrier of access to
print that has been faced by the world's blind, and we look forward to
continued collaboration with our partners and friends at Sensotec NV and
Microsoft to integrate this life-changing technology into Windows now and in
the future."

Jenny Lay-Flurrie, Chief Accessibility Officer at Microsoft Corp. said, "We
are thrilled to add KNFB Reader to our Windows 10 family of applications and
deeply appreciate the opportunity we've had to work with the National
Federation of the Blind and Sensotec NV to bring its valuable capabilities
to our customers. At Microsoft, we believe in the opportunity for accessible
technology to empower every person and every organization on the planet to
achieve more, and KNFB Reader is a great example of technology that can help
people do exactly that."

Thanks to support from Microsoft, KNFB Reader will be available to download
for an introductory price of USD $19.99, 80 percent off the normal purchase
price of USD $99.99. This offer is for a limited time only. Prices vary by
country.

For more information about KNFB Reader, please visit www.knfbreader.com.

###

blindness is not what holds you back.