[NFB-NM] FW: An invitation to rejoin the Albuquerque Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind.

Tonia Trapp tltrapp.7.467 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 03:57:57 UTC 2017

From: Tara Chavez [mailto:tmatzick06 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 6:35 PM
To: Tonia Trapp
Subject: Fwd: An invitation to rejoin the Albuquerque Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind.

Tonia,
I hope you are doing well. I sent this to several former members from the last few membership lists, however I feel I'm missing some others who were members before 2014. Do you mind sending the message to the NFBNM mailing list?
Thank you so much,
Tara

Greetings:

As the president of the National Federation of the Blind of New Mexico, Albuquerque Chapter, I am writing to ask you to consider renewing your membership in the Albuquerque Chapter. At some time in the past, you were a member. Why not join again? As a member of the chapter and the National Federation of the Blind, you can help us to develop programs and activities to make things better for blind people in the Albuquerque area.

Come and join us as we work together to:

*	improve public transportation,
*	teach ourselves and other blind people how to work better with computers and smart phones,
*	learn how the new Albuquerque Rapid Transit system is going to help or hurt us,
*	find out about the upcoming online ballot marking system which promises to make the printed absentee ballot accessible to the blind,
*	teach potential employers how to recognize the productive abilities of blind people, and
*	share information with each other so that all of us can live the lives we want.

This year, the Albuquerque Chapter put on an exciting seminar called Non-24 And So Much More to teach the community about blind people and the Federation. We participated in a community fair and were pleased to hear from a mayoral candidate at one of our monthly meetings.

It only costs $5 a year to become a member of the Albuquerque Chapter. You can pay your dues in three different ways:

*	You can mail a check for $5, payable to NFBNM Albuquerque Chapter, to me at this address:

Tara Chavez
4000 Hendrix Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110

*	You can bring your dues (cash or check will work) to our November chapter meeting, which will be held on Tuesday, November 7 at the Copper Canyon Café.

*	You can pay your dues (again, cash or check) at our annual holiday party, to be held on Saturday, December 9.

However you choose to join, rest assured that you will be welcome. Come to our November 7 meeting or our December 9 holiday party, pay your dues, and you will be voted in at our January meeting. It's that simple.

If you wish to contact me directly, I can be reached via email at

tmatzick06 at hotmail.com

or by telephone at (505) 872-2044.

Please join the Albuquerque chapter of the National Federation of the Blind so that we can work together to grow the Federation, improve public attitudes about blindness, and make Albuquerque a better place for blind people to live and work. As chapter president, I need your help and welcome your ideas, suggestions, and your energetic activity in the chapter. As a member of our chapter and the National Federation of the Blind, you have a say in what we as a chapter do in the months and years to come.

Sincerely,

Tara Chavez, President

National Federation of the Blind of New Mexico, Albuquerque Chapter