[NFB-NM] FW: NFB-NEWSLINE Celebrates Spring with Publications

Tonia Trapp nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 03:03:04 UTC 2018

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com

www.nfbnm.org

From: Scott White [mailto:swhite at nfb.org]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 3:09 PM
Subject: NFB-NEWSLINE Celebrates Spring with Publications

Greetings from your NFB-NEWSLINE team! We hope spring has at last come to
your state and that you will enjoy these new additions to NFB-NEWSLINE.

First, we have something for kids: Stone Soup, a literary magazine for
children that publishes writing and art created by children from all over
the world. The magazine was founded in 1973 by college students at the
University of California, Santa Cruz. Their purpose was to "encourage
youngsters to use writing as a way to talk about their lives." They continue
to run the publication today from their offices in Santa Cruz, California.
Each issue of Stone Soup contains stories, poems, and art by primarily 8 to
13-year-old contributors. To read this magazine using the telephone access
method, choose option 7 for magazines and then find Stone Soup. To read this
publication using NFB-NEWSLINE mobile, choose Publications, Publication
Options, Magazines, and then find Stone Soup.

Next we offer Sports Illustrated Online. Sports has never been more
illustrated: intensity, passion, meaning, insights, drama. With sports' best
journalists, Sports Illustrated captures it all through unparalleled access,
emotional storytelling and in-depth reporting. Sports Illustrated covers
football, basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey, golf, racing tennis and
other sports. To read Sports Illustrated Online using the telephone access
method, choose 5 for Newspapers in Another State, 1 for Breaking News
Online, and then find Sports Illustrated Online. To read Sports Illustrated
Online using NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile, choose Publications, Publication Options
and then All Publications and find Sports Illustrated Online.

Also, we have added Sporting News. Sporting News was founded in 1886 and was
referred to as "The Bible of Baseball." In 1914 JG Taylor Spink expanded the
publication to add other sports. The magazine awarded a Sportsman of the
Year award from 1968 to 2008. This award is now called Athlete of the Year.
The magazine went digital only in 2013. To read this magazine using the
telephone access method, choose option 7 for magazines and then find
Sporting News. To read this publication using NFB-NEWSLINE mobile, choose
Publications, Publication Options, Magazines, and then find Sporting News.

We have added Globes Israel to our international publications. Each evening,
Globes brings its unrivaled coverage of Israeli business to some 45,000
subscribers representing Israel's elite in management, investment,
technology, law, accounting, and marketing. From the wealth of material in
Globes, the English website team selects for translation the news and
features that will matter most to English speaking readers. To read Globes
Israel using the telephone access method, choose 5 for Newspapers in a
Different State, 6 for International and find Globes Israel. To read Globes
Israel using NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile, choose Publications, Publication Options
and then All Publications and find Globes Israel.

We have added Science X, a leading web-based science, research and
technology news service which covers a full range of topics. These include
physics, earth science, medicine, nano technology, electronics, space,
biology, chemistry, computer sciences, engineering, mathematics and other
sciences and technologies. Science X publishes approximately 100 quality
articles every day, offering some of the most comprehensive coverage of
sci-tech developments world-wide. To read Science X using the telephone
access method, choose 5 for Newspapers in Another State, 1 for Breaking News
Online, and then find Science X. To read Science X using NFB-NEWSLINE
Mobile, choose Publications, Publication Options and then All Publications
and find Science X.

We have also added Medical Xpress, a web-based medical and health news
service that press features the most comprehensive coverage in medical
research and health news in the fields of neuroscience, cardiology, cancer,
HIV/AIDS, psychology, psychiatry, dentistry, genetics, diseases and
conditions, medications and more. To read Medical Xpress using the telephone
access method, choose 5 for Newspapers in Another State, 1 for Breaking News
Online, and then find Medical Xpress. To read Medical Xpress using
NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile, choose Publications, Publication Options and then All
Publications and find Medical Xpress.

And lastly we add the Concord Monitor in New Hampshire. The Concord Monitor
is the daily newspaper for Concord, the state capital of New Hampshire. It
also covers surrounding towns in Merrimack, most of Belknap county, as well
as portions of Grafton, Rockingham and Hillsborough counties. The Monitor
has several times been named as one of the best small papers in America and
in April 2008, the Monitor became a Pulitzer Prize winning paper, when
photographer Preston Gannaway was honored for feature photography. To read
the Concord Monitor using the telephone access method if you are a New
Hampshire resident, choose 2 for Newspapers in Your State and find the
Concord Monitor. To read the Concord Monitor if you are not a New Hampshire
subscriber, choose 5 for Newspapers in a Different State, find New Hampshire
and then choose Concord Monitor. To read the Concord Monitor using
NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile, choose Publications, Publication Options and then All
Publications and find the Concord Monitor.

We hope you enjoy these publications along with the warmer spring weather.

Your NFB-NEWSLINE team.

blindness is not what holds you back.