[NFB-NM] NFB of Albuquerque chapter meeting announcement

Tonia Trapp nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 02:40:52 UTC 2019

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF ALBUQUERQUE

CHAPTER MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

When:

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

6:00-8:00 PM

Reminder: Please arrive at 5:00PM if you wish to order dinner.

Where:

Copper Canyon Café

5455 Gibson Blvd. SE.

Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108

(505) 266-6318

Topics:

We will be discussing the third statement in the national Federation of the
blind pledge, which states “to support the policies and programs of the
Federation.”

We will also be discussing our upcoming rummage sale. We need folks to help
out on the day of the event, and we need people to donate 33 gallon trash
bags and grocery bags for the event.

We would like to invite you to attend the 2019 Annual Convention of the
National Federation of the Blind of New Mexico. It will be held April 4-7,
2019 at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Hotel & Spa, 1000 Woodward Pl.
NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102.

Everyone is invited to attend the Board of Directors Meeting that will be
held at 7:30 p.m. on April 4.

Join us as we work together to shape our future, and be a part of the
largest gathering of blind people to be held in New Mexico!

This year our national representative will be Mr. Ron Brown, Second Vice
President of the National Federation of the Blind.

Take note that this year our convention format has changed significantly.
The major change is that our general session will be in three parts, with
Part 1 commencing on Friday morning, Part 2 on Saturday afternoon and
concluding with Part 3 Sunday morning. The banquet will be as usual on
Saturday evening.

The deadline for early registration at the lower rate is coming up March 1,
2019. Keep in mind that one can register after this date, but the prices do
increase, and meal tickets may not be available as we get closer to the
event.

You can download the registration form and/or register online by following
the links on our  <http://www.nfbnm.org> www.nfbnm.org

website.

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com

www.nfbnm.org

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work