[NFB-NM] FW: How we as blind persons can safely grocery shop while maintaining social distancing

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:00:19 UTC 2020

Best wishes,

From: Trapp, Greg, CFB <Greg.Trapp at state.nm.us>
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 11:25 PM
Subject: How we as blind persons can safely grocery shop while maintaining
social distancing

As we all work on ways to isolate, one concern is how we as blind persons
can safely grocery shop while maintaining social distancing. There are a
number of options available for those who are skilled with technology, such
as online delivery from Smiths or Sprouts, or using apps such as Instacart
or Postmates.  However, not everyone is comfortable using such technology.
One long-time Federation member today alerted me to another option,
specifically GoGoGroceries.

GoGoGroceries is available from GoGoGrandparent, the ride sharing service
that connects riders with Uber and Lyft through a regular telephone. While
GoGoGroceries is more expensive, it is an option for those who are unable to
order online or through a smartphone. You also do not need to be a
grandparent. Tonia and I have signed up for GoGoGrandparent just in case our
smartphones were ever forgotten, lost, or stolen. I have used
GoGoGrandparent once, and it works well.

To sign up for GoGoGrandparent, call:

1 (855) 464-6872
 (855) GOGO-USA

or go online at

https://gogograndparent.com/

Once you have signed up, you can order groceries by calling:

1 (855) 222-4919

Greg Trapp, J.D.
Executive Director
New Mexico Commission for the Blind