[NFB-NM] FW: BELL flyer

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 03:20:21 UTC 2020

Best wishes,

From: Sarah Villavicencio <nfbnm.abqchapter.treasurer at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:37 PM
To: Tonia Trapp <nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com>
Subject: BELL flyer

Hi Tonia,
Can you please send this out to our state list serv? Along with attachment for printing, posting and promoting.
Thanks so much.

National Federation of the Blind
BELL ACADEMY
Braille Enrichment for Literacy Learning

Music, Movement, and Mathematics

The National Federation of the Blind’s Braille Enrichment Literacy and Learning (BELL)®
Academy helps blind and low-vision children, develop the literacy and independent-living skills
that will empower them to achieve their academic goals and live the lives they want. This year,
through our partnership with Wells Fargo, BELL will encourage our students to cultivate their
knowledge of music, engage in physical activity, interact in their communities and exceed their
expectations of their arithmetic abilities; by not only raising expectations through Braille
instruction, but by fostering their growth in music, movement and mathematics.

The NFB of New Mexico will lead two programs at the New Mexico School for the Blind and
Visually Impaired at the Early Childhood program located in Albuquerque and the main campus in
Alamogordo. The Albuquerque program will take place July 5-10, 2020 at 801 Stephen Moody,
SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. The Alamogordo program will take place July 21-29, 2020 at 1900 N.
White Sands Blvd., Alamogordo, NM 88310.

To learn more about the NFB New Mexico BELL Academy, visit https://nfb.org/bell-academy.
Or, contact the New Mexico BELL Academy Coordinator Tara Chavez at nfbnm.bell at gmail.com <mailto:nfbnm.bell at gmail.com> .

--
Sarah R. Villavicencio, Treasurer