[NFB-NM] NFB of Albuquerque chapter meeting announcement

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 01:39:14 UTC 2021

Greetings All,

The Albuquerque Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind will hold
our next meeting on Tuesday, October 5 from 6:30-8:30PM. The meeting will be
held in-person for those who are comfortable, and via Zoom for those who
prefer that method. For those coming in person, we will be meeting at
Fiesta's New Mexican Restaurant and Cantina which is located at 4400
Carlisle Blvd. NE., 87107. The restaurant is located on the southeast corner
of Montgomery and Carlisle. Tara Chavez is requesting that anyone who wishes
to participate in person please let her know by Saturday, October 2 so we
can let the restaurant know how many will be attending. Here is Tara's
contact information:

Tara Chavez
 <mailto:Nfb.abqchapter at gmail.com> Nfb.abqchapter at gmail.com
328-3349

Hi Tonia,
My apologies for not sending this sooner. Greg mentioned that there may be
issues with people not getting Sun Van service for our meeting due to the
higher demand for Rideshare options because of the Balloon Fiesta. I'm not
sure how this will affect the meeting, but I'm guessing it will. The meeting
will begin at 6:30 and run until 8:30, unless we end early. We will once
again be meeting at Fiesta's for those who are comfortable. Fiesta's is
located at 4400 Carlisle Blvd. NE. Albuquerque, NM 87107. The phone number
to Fiesta's is 505-881-0478. I'm once again requesting that folks RSVP by
Saturday if they are planning to attend in person. We will still be using
the same Zoom link as before for those who wish to join that way. As I will
be induced on October 6th at 7:30 in the morning, I've asked Ernie to
preside over the chapter meeting.

We will begin collecting dues for 2022. The cost is $5/year. Members can pay
their dues via cash, check or PayPal. Please contact Sarah Villavicencio at
505-550-4220 or via email at  <mailto:nfbnm.abqchapter.treasurer at gmail.com>
nfbnm.abqchapter.treasurer at gmail.com.

We will be discussing our Blindness Equality Achievement Month (BEAM)
activity and planning for elections which will be held in November.

Please note that our Zoom meetings are recurring, so the meeting ID/link
will be the same from now through the November second meeting. The first
link below is to a calendar item, and if you click on it, that will add the
meeting information to your calendar. The next link is to join the meeting.
After that are the phone numbers that folks can use to either one-tap or
dial manually into the meeting. If anyone has any questions regarding any of
this information, please contact Tara Chavez at 505-328-3349.

Tara Chavez is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Albuquerque Chapter Meeting
Time: June 1, 2021 07:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the First Tuesday, until Nov 2, 2021, 8 occurrence(s)
Jul 15, 2021 07:00 PM
Sep 7, 2021 07:00 PM
Oct 5, 2021 07:00 PM
Nov 2, 2021 07:00 PM

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your
calendar system.
Monthly:
<https://zoom.us/meeting/tJ0uduitrTsrGNyfAqOTa-aoGDNeKvCHCfzE/ics?icsToken=9
8tyKuChrTorH9eVsRuPRox5A4j4d-_ztmJcjY1Emj70LBRSLwL5EcZsN5lpM_Dz>
https://zoom.us/meeting/tJ0uduitrTsrGNyfAqOTa-aoGDNeKvCHCfzE/ics?icsToken=98
tyKuChrTorH9eVsRuPRox5A4j4d-_ztmJcjY1Emj70LBRSLwL5EcZsN5lpM_Dz

Join Zoom Meeting
 <https://zoom.us/j/99311530128> https://zoom.us/j/99311530128

One tap mobile
+12532158782,,99311530128# US (Tacoma)