[NFB-NM] FW: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] CCB Looking for Summer Youth Staff

Tara Chavez nfbnm.president at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 15:00:36 UTC 2023

The Colorado Center for the Blind is now accepting applications from positive blind role models to work as residential counselors and classroom instructors in our 2023 summer program, No Limits to Learning.  Positions are available in teaching Braille, Cane Travel, Home Management and Technology. All positions also provide residential training and supervision to enrolled youth.

The Colorado Center for the Blind is a training center and community of blind and low vision people, proudly affiliated with the National Federation of the Blind.

We believe you can do anything as a blind person. So every day, we encourage and challenge you—and you come to understand your potential as you build the skills and confidence to live the life you want.
Because when you believe in yourself and experience a thriving community of positive blind people, nothing can hold you back from pursuing your dreams.

Our No Limits to Learning program will span 4 weeks and will give students the opportunity to explore career paths, college/university readiness, and confidence building through challenge recreation activities.

Applicants must be 21 years or older and available June 21  through August 7, 2023.  Applicants must be competent in the skills of blindness, well rounded, flexible, possess excellent oral and written skills, and willing to lead by example.  Applicants must be excited to work with blind students ages 14  to 21.  Fun challenge recreation activities are an exciting aspect of the position and staff will have the opportunity to go rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, ziplining, attend martial arts classes, and much more.

All summer staff will attend the national convention of the National Federation of the Blind in Houston, TX from July 1 through 6, 2023 with expenses paid! Staff members will be required to take part in a thorough training/on-boarding process prior to departing for National Convention.

To learn more about our No Limits to Learning program, please navigate to this link

Looking to apply? please send a letter of interest to Chaz Davis at cdavis at cocenter.org. In your letter, indicate why you are qualified and what area you would like to teach: home management, cane Travel, Braille, or Technology

Wanting to know more about the application process? Please contact Chaz Davis, Director of Youth Services at (303) 778-1130 ext. 212

Tara Chavez, President
National Federation of the Blind of New mexico
NFBNM.President at gmail.com
505-328-3349
Live the life you want.
www.nfbnm.org