[NFB-NM] FW: At Large Chapter Agenda

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Fri May 19 00:39:41 UTC 2023

At Large Chapter Agenda for May 23, 2023

Janet Montoya Is inviting you to a scheduled zoom meeting
Topic: NFBNM At Large Chapter zoom meeting
Date/Time: May 23, 2023 06:30 PM Mountain Standard Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/96009742920
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,96009742920#
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 960 0974 2920
Join us for social time at 6:30pm.
Meeting starts at 7pm.
Zoom etiquette tip:
Anonymous visitors are welcome to listen, but anyone wishing to speak needs to be willing to state their name
For example: Madam Chair, this is Jane
This gives us all the opportunity to get to know each other and to know who is asking for the floor.

1.            7pm Call to Order, Janet Montoya, President
2.            Rollcall, Daphne Mitchell, Secretary/Treasurer
3.            Introduction of Guests, Daphne Mitchell, Secretary/Treasurer
4.            Reciting of the NFB pledge
    I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind; to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its Constitution.

5.            One Minute Message, read by Mario Hooee, vice-president
     The National Federation of the Blind knows that   blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

6.            Approval of the Agenda
7.            Approval of the Minutes from the April meeting
If minutes are not forwarded with the agenda they will be read at the meeting before being approved
8.            Treasurer’s Report, Daphne Mitchell, secretary/treasurer
9.              Presidential Release Tara Chavez, Affiliate President
       The presidential release is an important part of our meeting. This gives us all an equal chance to hear from our NFB President, Mark Riccobono and to stay connected with what is going on at the National level.
10.         Introduction of guest speaker: Daphne Mitchell, secretary/treasurer and, also the chairperson for our philosophy committee. Daphne has a wealth of information and a passion for NFB philosophy. Please read Cutting the Cake or Copping Out by Brook Sexton by following the link below. You will land on Freedom: Kernel Book 30, and navigate to the article by searching for the title or clicking on the link in the table of contents.

Freedom Kernel Book #30 (nfb.org)
(Place cursor over link then click Cntrl while right clicking on the mouse to open this link)

11.         Committees
a.            Membership, Chair Frank Maestas, Board Member
1.            Frank will be collecting membership information
2.            Dues will still be processed by German Benitez, NFBNM Treasurer
3.            Sarah Villavicencio, Treasurer Albuquerque Chapter, will enter information onto NFB portal
b.            Fundraiser, Chair Will Harmon, member
1.            Mary Kay online fundraiser
2.            Check will be made out to NFBNM
3.            Check will be mailed to German Benitez
c.            Legislative, Chair Larry Lorenzo, member

12.         Birthdays for this month
13.         Open discussion, next meeting June 27, 2023 start at 6:30
14.         Adjournment

Best wishes,