[NFB-NM] FW: White Cane Day Alamogordo

Tara Chavez nfbnm.president at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:16:14 UTC 2023

Good morning,

I'm passing this along to anyone who may be in Alamogordo on October 18 and
would like to participate. This comes from the Orientation Center Director,
Jamie Sibson.

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to let you know that we are finalizing our plans for White Cane Day
Alamogordo. It will be held on October 18, 2023. It will begin at
approximately 1:00 pm. We will do the white cane march along the west side
of NMSBVI, along White Sands Blvd and through the campus once we reach the
north end of the campus. We will have some ceremonial things in the Rose
Garden of the campus. As of now, here is what the lineup is:

There will be an introduction to the event and welcoming.

Patty Beecher will give some welcome remarks.

I will give some welcome remarks.

Jedi will do a piece on the history of the white cane.

Either I or a center student will read the proclamation.

Craig Cooper will be our guest speaker.

We may have a few participants talk about their experiences and importance
of the white cane.

The NMSBVI choir will provide some music.

Light refreshments will be provided.

Please, if you would, pass this on to anyone you might think would be
interested in attending. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Jamie

Tara Chavez, President

 <mailto:NFBNM.President at gmail.com> NFBNM.President at gmail.com

(505) 328-3349