[NFB-NM] FW: At Large Chapter Agenda for January 23,2024

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 16:15:02 UTC 2024

Best wishes,

From: Janet Montoya <nfbnm.alc.president at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2024 9:27 AM
To: Tonia Trapp <NFBNewMexicoSecretary at gmail.com>
Subject: At Large Chapter Agenda for January 23,2024

Hi Tonia,
Attached is the At Large Chapter Agenda.
It is also pasted below.
Thank you,

At Large Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of New Mexico January 23,2024

Greetings chapter members and guests

Janet Montoya Is inviting you to a scheduled zoom meeting
Topic: Personal Safety
Guest Speaker Amy Wilson, Safety Positive Foundation
Date/Time: January 23, 2023 06:30 PM Mountain Standard Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
 <https://zoom.us/j/96009742920> https://zoom.us/j/96009742920
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,96009742920#
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 960 0974 2920
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Join us for social time at 6:30pm.
Meeting starts promptly at 7:00.
Review of ground rules to help our meeting run smoothly and effectively
*	1st Use your real name during the meeting
*	2nd when needing to speak, address me as Madam chair. Then state your name. This way we all know who is speaking and it gives me a chance to acknowledge you as the next speaker.
*	3rd We have the responsibility to be courteous and respectful.
*	4th We each have the right to be respected
1. 7pm Call to Order, Janet Montoya, President
2. Rollcall, Daphne Mitchell, Secretary/Treasurer
3. Introduction of Guests, Daphne Mitchell, Secretary/Treasurer

4.Reciting of the NFB pledge- Steve Jorgenson
I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind; to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its Constitution.

5. One Minute Message, read by Steve Jorgenson
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

6. Approval of the Agenda
7. Approval of the Minutes from the November meeting
8.Treasurer’s Report for November-January, Daphne Mitchell, secretary/treasurer

9.Guest speaker Amy Wilson CEO and founder of the Safety Positive Foundation. Through the establishment of the Safety Positive Foundation, Amy shares her skills and empowers her community to embrace a safety positive lifestyle.
10. Presidential Release, Tara Chavez, Affiliate President

 11. Committee Reports, remember anyone can join these committees, there is contact information at the bottom of the agenda
a.   Philosophy, Daphne Mitchell, committee chair
b.    Membership, Frank Maestas, committee chair
c.     Legislature, Larry Lorenzo, committee chair
d.    Fundraising, Will Harmon, committee chair

12. New Business
a.   Membership state dues for 2023
b.   State donation
1.   100.00 to State Convention Day Care
2.   200.00 to Scholarship fund

13. Birthdays for January

14.                  Open discussion, next meeting will be February 27th
15.                   Adjournment

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you on February 27th.
Board Members
Janet Montoya, President, nfbnm.alc.president at gmail.com <mailto:nfbnm.alc.president at gmail.com>
Peggy Hayes, Vice President, nfbnm.alc.vp at gmail.com <mailto:nfbnm.alc.vp at gmail.com>
Daphne Mitchell, Sec/Treas, nfbnm.sec/treas at gmail.com <mailto:treas at gmail.com>
Frank Maestas, Board Member 1,  <mailto:nfbnm.alc.board at gmail.com> nfbnm.alc.board at gmail.com
Steve Ranger, Board Member 2,  <mailto:nfb.nm.alc.board2 at gmail.com> nfb.nm.alc.board2 at gmail.com

Committees
Membership
Chair: Frank Maestas, nfbnm.alc.board at gmail.com <mailto:nfbnm.alc.board at gmail.com>
Fundraising
Chair: Will Harmon, member,  <mailto:wehfsv at hotmail.com> wehfsv at hotmail.com
Legislative
Chair: Larry Lorenzo, member,  <mailto:4lorenzo.l at gmail.com> 4lorenzo.l at gmail.com
Philosophy
Chair: Daphne Mitchell,  <mailto:nfbnm.sec/treas at gmail.com> nfbnm.sec/treas at gmail.com

Please send membership dues or donations to German Benitez.
Make checks payable to NFBNM placing At Large Chapter dues or donation in the memo line.

German Benitez, Treasurer
3416 B Herrera Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Phone: 505-702-5044
Email:  <mailto:nfbnm.treasurer at gmail.com> nfbnm.treasurer at gmail.com

If using PayPal, search for  <mailto:nfbnm.treasurer at gmail.com> nfbnm.treasurer at gmail.com. Please remember to include a little extra to cover the goods and services fee that PayPal takes out from the Affiliate. My suggestion would be fifty cents or more to cover the fee. Dues are $5 per year, this will cover you through December 31, 2024. Please put “At Large Chapter dues” in the message field on PayPal.

--
Janet Montoya, At Large Chapter President
At Large Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of New Mexico
 <mailto:nfbnm.alc.president at gmail.com> nfbnm.alc.president at gmail.com
505-672-9626
Live the life you want.
 <http://www.nfbnm.org/> www.nfbnm.org