[NFB-of-Delaware] Scheduling the First Meeting of the Resolutions Committee

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 02:10:24 UTC 2024

Calling All NFBDE Members:

It's time to reactivate our Resolutions Committee! This is the committee that reviews the proposed policy statements of our organization, offers them to our annual state convention for its vote, and decides how the policies we adopt will be acted upon between conventions. This year we have several important policies to address that were adopted at our last convention, including resolutions on paratransit services, the placement of APS's at intersections, the employment of blind people at DVI, and regulations mandating Web accessibility. Now that we have adopted these resolutions as the official policy of our organization, we need to decide what to do next. That's where we need everyone's help.

I would like to have our first committee meeting in May to establish who will be on the committee and start the conversation on each of our 2023 resolutions. As usual with our committee meetings, this Resolutions Committee meeting is open to all, so I encourage all who are interested in having a voice in the direction we take in our advocacy efforts to attend. Currently I'm thinking of having it on Monday, May 6, at 7 PM; Monday, May 13, at 7 PM; or Monday, May 20, after the book talk. If you have a preference, please reply to this email and let us know. If you can't make it on any of those days but still want to serve on the committee, please reach out to Sylvia and/or me.

I look forward to your input on the committee. Thank you for all you do!

Warmly,

Chris Nusbaum, Chairman
NFBDE Resolutions Committee